Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Year - 52 New Experiences

I am the type of person who likes to stay within my comfort zone. I like to play things safe and not take risks.   Last year I was laid off from my job of four years. I knew I did not want to sit at home and let my mind be completely idle, so I decided to enroll in a tax class to learn how to prepare taxes, something I knew NOTHING about! I was scared attending my first couple classes, yet I was excited to be learning something new and useful (even though most would think that taxes are boring). The class is now over, and I will be starting to prepare taxes at the end of this week. I am no tax expert, but I feel much more confident about doing my personal income taxes.

Since it is a new year, I've decided that I need to do something new for every week this year be it learning about something new, experiencing a new place, or trying a foreign food.   I need to feel more confident about myself, and I feel that doing "scary" things will boost my sense of self.  Expanding Experiences will be my documentation of my year-long journey into the NEW.

No comments:

Post a Comment